Concrete Floor Polishing and Sanding Services in NZ
Armourcrete is one of the leading concrete polishing companies in the South Island. Our concrete sanding and polishing services were developed to give you beautiful and functional floor.
What is Polished Concrete?
How is Concrete Polished?
Benefits in using Mechanical Polished Concrete
Extremely low maintenance and easy to maintain
No surface coatings, wont easily scratch or become damaged
Highly durable and performs extremely well in high wear environments
Long-lasting, will out perform tiles, timber, vinyl and other floor coverings
Flexible design and versatility of Mechanical Polished Concrete
Different Levels of Stone Exposure is achieved during the initial grinding and honing process, where the surface of the concrete substrate is removed to expose different levels of aggregate:
Full Aggregate Exposure – to achieve a maximum stone exposure look
Partial Aggregate Exposure – to achieve a minimal or random exposure look
No Aggregate Exposure – the concrete surface is not removed in this method, therefore any existing undulations (high and low spots), stains or damage will remain after the concrete polishing is complete
Different Levels of Gloss Finish is achieved upon completion of the initial grinding and honing to achieve the desired level of aggregate or stone exposure, the polishing process is then undertaken to the desired level of gloss (generally between 200 grit to 1500 grit finish), options include: Matte Finish | Semi-gloss Finish | High-gloss Finish
Why Polish Concrete Floors?
Better Stain Resistance
Improved Slip Resistance
Without its coarse texture, your concrete floor has better reflectivity, improving visibility in your facility as it maximises the overhead lighting.
Improved Thermal Gains
Increased Cost Savings
How Do We Polish Concrete?
Armourcrete developed a meticulous process that transforms concrete flooring systems. Using industry best practices and the latest equipment in grinding and polishing, our team creates beautiful and functional floors.
Step 1: Remove existing coatings
Step 2: Seal cracks and joints
Step 3: Grind the surface
Step 4: Apply a stain guard
Step 5: Polish the floor
Why Hire a Professional?
Recently, the DIY movement has moved from homes to places of business. Many business owners have taken to doing their renovations on their own. But some improvements, like concrete grinding and polishing, are best left to the professionals. Although the tools and equipment are available in most hardware stores, the process requires skills and training.
- The whole process, from research to completion, takes a significant amount of time that will cut into your income-generating activities.
- The equipment and materials involved are expensive, especially for one-time use.
- The equipment, particularly the grinder, requires skills and training to use; otherwise, you risk breaking it and your flooring system.
Prevent the expenses that will arise with DIY repairs and replacements by hiring a professional service. Work with Armourcrete to make sure you get beautiful and functional concrete floors.
Work with Armourcrete
- Our owner-operator takes charge of your project to make sure you are well taken care of throughout the process.
- We conduct an on-site inspection before starting to identify any issues or problems that can impact the grinding the polishing process.
- Once the necessary paperwork has been accomplished, we book the process to make sure it isn’t in conflict with your operations.
- After completing the grinding and polishing process, our owner-operator will inspect the final result to make sure the project is a success.