Professional Concrete Floor Crack Repair Services in NZ
Armourcrete are flooring system experts that understand the hidden risks of small cracks in concrete. Let us help you fix these problems with our expertise and tools.
Why repair cracks in Concrete?
Concrete is one of the fundamental building blocks in most structures, especially for flooring systems. But when it is laid out incorrectly, it is highly susceptible to cracks and other types of damage. When these are left unaddressed, they create safety hazards. Armourcrete leverages its years of experience and expertise to develop solutions for these problems, from concrete driveway repair to concrete injection repair. Get beautiful and functional concrete floors with Armourcrete.
– When fixing concrete cancer or cracks due to movement, you must take into account why the problem has occurred and the fact that the problem must be fixed prior to the concrete being fixed. We specialise in the repair of concrete by identifying the cause first, solving that and then fixing the concrete structure.
– Concrete Cancer is caused when the steel reinforcing within a concrete slab begins to rust. As steel rusts it can expand up to 7 times its original size causing the surrounding concrete to be displaced and flaky. As the steel pushes the concrete away, more water gets to the steel expediting the process.
Each situation is unique and requires different solutions. Once we are on site we will advise you on which system you should undertake in order to rectify your situation properly.
Where the issue has originated in the slab on the roof of the building structure, in most cases it is likely that waterproofing will need to be undertaken. Once the rusted reinforcing has been treated, application of a repair stratergy will help prevent access of moisture to the slab and prolong the life of the steel and therefore the structure itself.
Dangers of Cracks in Concrete
Moisture creating further damage to the structure
Water entering the structure through the crack or damage. Creating more issues by damaging reinforcing steel or brackets.
Cracks in concrete cause tripping hazards
Cracks in concrete expose it to mould
Cracks in the concrete lead to structural damage
What Causes Cracks in Concrete
How We Repair Cracks in Concrete
Step 1: Inspect the damage
Armourcrete starts the repair process by inspecting and mapping the entire area. The team identifies and lists down every crack and their severity to determine the appropriate solutions.
Step 2: Clean the cracks
Step 3: Seal the cracks with putty
Step 4: Attach ports on top of the epoxy putty
Step 5: Inject the epoxy repair solution
Step 6: Remove the ports
Step 7: Polish the surface
Why hire a Professional?
Although there are several DIY guides on how to repair cracks on concrete, this project is better left to the professionals. Mainly for insurance and warranty purposes but also, most cracks occur because of bad practices at the initial application stage. When mistakes are made during the repair process, it can result in worse problems that will require extensive and expensive repairs. Apart from this, a professional has the expertise to identify issues that can turn into serious structural problems for your flooring system.
Work with Armourcrete
- Upon initial contact, the managing director will handle the entire process.
- We will conduct an inspection before drawing up a contract.
- Once the necessary paperwork has been cleared, a team will go to the site to carry out the repair process.
- Expect the project to last from three to seven days. But this will be adjusted to six to nine months for larger-scale projects.
- After the repairs have been done, the managing director will inspect it before presenting it to the client.